What is Buddhist Meditation?
Although we work hard to develop good external conditions these alone are not enough to achieve stable happiness. Inner problems such as stress, anxiety and anger disturb our peace of mind making us feel ill at ease with conditions in our life. Meditation is a method for learning to control our mind so that we experience greater happiness, peace and well being.
Meditation is the most effective way to develop inner peace and our classes are a great way to learn meditation skills or improve your current meditation practice. Meditation can help us:
- to reduce our anger, stress and anxiety,
- to increase control over our mind by recognising and increasing helpful thoughts and reducing unhelpful ones,
- to improve our concentration,
- to relax physically,
- to respond to difficulties constructively and find solutions,
- to become kinder to our self and others, so that our relationships improve,
- develop a fresh and positive outlook.
In these ways it can lead us towards deep and lasting happiness.